I used to be so hesitant about eating chickpeas, but they have become one of my favorite foods. (not to mention they’re a great source of fiber) They are super versatile and super easy to add to meals to make them more filling.
Here is one of my favorite salads that I like for lunch, snack, or with dinner.
-Greens (spinach, kale, or lettuce)
-Raisins or dried cranberries
-Red pepper flakes
- Start with a large handful (or two) of greens (spinach, kale, or iceberg lettuce will do). I used kale in the photo above – be sure to de-stem the kale and massage it so it has a softer flavor and consistency.
- Add half a can of rinsed and drained chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Add half a small handful of raisins or dried cranberries
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes to taste
- Squeeze half a lime or lemon over top as dressing
- Mix it all together
There are so many add-ins and substitutions you can make, but this simple salad is not only beautiful and easy, but also delicious.
What’s your favorite way to cook with chickpeas? Share in the comments below!